Mexican chocolate berry oatmeal muffins

posted on: Saturday, August 22, 2015

I cook easy meals. My prerequisites are: simple food, whole food. Here, there is no cooking anything takes more than 10 minutes of prep. No chopping things into tiny pieces, or using a flame thrower to glaze stuff.

And on this sunny morning I woke up wanting something baked for my slow Saturday breakfast. For a hot minute I considered walking down to the tiny neighborhood grocery for a can of cinnamon rolls (whaa?) but decided I would use my hands, whatever ingredients I had, and create my own oven-made experiment.

The muffin army that easily conquered the canned cinnamon rolls.
Grab your leftover summer berries, the last of your butter, look for some kind of chocolate powder (I used some Mexican hot chocolate mix) whatever milk you have and prepare to create the easiest muffins that were ever eaten, that I have just made up vaguely inspired by this recipe.

HOW TO

// Preheat oven to 400 F.

// Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl
  • 1 1/4 cups of flour
    • I used 1 cup white and a quarter cup wheat
  • 1/4 cup sugar or honey
  • 1/3 cup Mexican hot chocolate mix or cocoa powder
  • 1 tbs baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup oats

// Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk of any kind (I used almond)
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
// Pour the mixed wet ingredients into the mixed dry ingredients and fold until all is moist.
  • Stir in berries (I used raspberries and blueberries)

// Prep a 12 count muffin pan with coconut oil. I used a brush to paint the muffin cups.


// Using a 1/4 cup, glump the muffin mix into pan

// Bake 15 minutes

// Poke muffins with toothpick, if it's clean they're ready!

// These are not too sweet. Eat with honey and butter. And coffee.



HAPPY WEEKEND!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meant Green All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger