The time I cut my husband's hair

posted on: Monday, March 2, 2015

I think the reason I wanted to share this potentially disastrous project is because I think it actually wasn't a total failure. If you've ever doubted your skills in the hair cutting arena or can't get over what happened the last time you tried to trim your own hair like me, take heart! Here is a story with a happy ending.

Cody hasn't had his hair cut since our wedding in November. And it grows something fierce, in gorgeous wavy texture of mingled blonds, dark reds and browns. He doesn't call himself a calico for nothing! We've been trying to save as much $ as we can, and his hair was starting to mushroom a bit... so I cut it. 

Yesterday as snow and rain drenched the house, I watched a few youtube videos and then got to it. I chose a simple method of "scissors over comb technique". In case you ever need to cut short hair, take a look at the video at the bottom of the post.

Simple. Easy to follow. 
He looks so trusting! I kept his hair dry to see how short it was getting, oh well.
One side done. 
The finished product.  He says he likes it! It's just a little shorter than he's used to.
Now we just have to corral all the tiny hairs I thought I had vacuumed up that we keep finding in our food. Below is the video I used. Thanks Sam Villa!


I don't think I'll be opening my own salon ever, but it's good to know I can do it. Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meant Green All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger