Wear: a summer dress in winter

posted on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015

It's Tuesday - so this means it's time once again for The Creative Closet style challenge! These little pre-planned style posts give me a great creative outlet to see what I can put together while still staying true to the season we're in: The. Dead. Of. Winter.

This week we're trying our style hand at asymmetrical pieces. I dove into my closet and picked out a dress (one I also wear in summer) with a diagonal hem, teamed it up with my warmest running tights, prep school blazer, a beanie, Alpaca mittens, and loose braid to keep it toned down. My boots (a Christmas gift) are some of my most practical winter shoes that don't sacrifice design and quality. I know I'll wear them for many, many years!







Dress - Target | Hat - GAP | Handmade mittens - Peruvian Alpaca from La Feria | Boots - Luchesse | Blazer - GAP | Scarf - American Apparel

(I only highlight links where I think an item is still available, a lot of what I wear is from seasons past)

p.s. thanks for man-ing the camera Cody!







8 comments:

  1. Love your asymmetrical skirt with the tights and boots! You look really polished but still warm and cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jana! I am so thankful you and Maegan are doing this fun project - happy to participate :D

      Delete
  2. Well don't you just look adorable! You make dead of Winter outfits look classy, girl! Also, I'm totally obsessed with drinking errrrrthing out of a mason jar so I love that you are drinking your tea out of one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you Maegan! It was too cold to hope that Cody would get the pics quickly before I'd have to go in and warm up, so I brought the heat out with me :)

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the asymmetrical edge to this dress! It looks especially great paired with boots. And that backdrop is just gorgeous. So pretty! Is that at your house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! Thank you so much, I was pretty proud of this outfit myself :) The blue wall is the divider between us our and neighbor's backyards (it's a duplex). My landlady is super handy and made it a few years back, blue was her signature color! It's pretty darn cute, I agree!

      Delete
  4. I love your dress! I can't get myself to buy one cut like that because I'm so short it just cuts me off weird. It's hard to get great photos in the dead of winter for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice collection! Most of the latest trend clothing can look drab if they're not fitted or flattering to your image. So you should try on clothes for the right fit, which make sure that they suit your body shape. Visit to https://www.stylewe.com/category/outerwear-223 where you can get your perfect looking dresses.

    ReplyDelete

Meant Green All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger