A master bedroom with both of us in mind

posted on: Thursday, February 19, 2015


 Our master bedroom has finally come together! As an avid sleeper, it's one of my favorite rooms in our little half of a duplex, or the "half-bungalow" as I call it. Sharing this room has been an adventure. Of course I got the bigger dresser, but Cody has done a pretty good job corralling his books items to keep things neat. I've noticed I've become a lot neater once I became the maid ;)

I tried to keep the space from becoming too girly, but I'm not sure I succeeded. I think part of that comes from trying to work with what I already had, (read: college stuff). 
Bed. The focal point - duh!
My dresser, the catchall for everything.

This headboard has a great story. My crafty and creative landlady/friend made it from wood she found, and it can double as a table! It adds the perfect amount of rustic to this modern house.
I covered two old lamps with coffee bean sacks, and spray-painted the bases with mirror paint. 

Better shot of both lamps, and the ever-popular pintuck West Elm bed spread! Red pillow is an antique from my grandparents, I love incorporating family pieces.
This is Cody's dresser, I framed his dried boutonnière I made him for our wedding. The crazy cute piggy bank was his grandfather's - I've coveted it for years.
Cute basket for extra blankets and a vintage reproduction piece I thrifted from an Ohio antique store.

I had the best time pulling this room together, it's my first 'master bedroom' and I think it turned out pretty well! Thoughts? What have you experienced trying to create a bedroom space that accommodates two personalities?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed touring your master. Am looking forward to the rest of the tour. I have heard that some people marry for money but you are in a class all by yourself - did you marry that sweet man for his piggy bank? Scandalous!!!
    Affectionately, Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The piggy bank was a huge bonus, yes! Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Meant Green All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger