Wear: Flowers in Winter + Vintage valentine

posted on: Thursday, February 12, 2015

Good morning! 
I woke up to sunshine :D but it was quickly obliterated by a gray sky and some very violently blowing snowflakes. That stuff is hitting the Northeast, hard. Again. Today I'm participating in my first linkup project with The Creative Closet! Here goes...


My dad has been sending me pics of a few little blooms coming up in our Louisiana neighborhood, and there have been more instances than I can count where moving back to that latitude sounds like something we should have done yesterday. I love the "green" smell of spring, earthy, neon and vibrant - it's life for me! Dreaming...

But we're here for now, so I've been practicing "flower therapy" when I have to get dressed. I shot these myself on 10-second timer last night, hence the rockin' desk lamp lighting - and sometimes blurred bits (deliberate of course). It was a laugh for sure, but Cody had some calculus to work on and I had to leave him be.

Speaking of hubs, this is definitely a date night look for me! And did I mention it's relevant to this upcoming lovey-dovey holiday? ;) #valentine'sday

 Apparently my mother used to have a love of big, flowery patterns. Enough so that dad coined them her "garden collection." Guess the petal doesn't fall far from the flower :)
 In addition to date-wear, this was also one of my work outfits from Wednesday this week, and I brought the bloom! I've never received more compliments on this vintage top than yesterday (guess we're all wanting some spring), so that was data enough for me to want to share it here for you. The brand is Elles Belles - I've never heard of it. I think I found it at Buffalo Exchange a few years back (a southern, second-hand clothing chain).
I had a gift card to ULTA that I spent on some wide, simple hair clips in rose gold, black and silver. I love the look of loose hair that is still held in check somehow, and adding this pinch of glint  modernizes the whole look. The bracelet is vintage find here in Pittsburgh's rather trendy Lawrenceville neighborhood. 

I just wanted to say before I go...

Not that it will be warm here by then or anything, but I believe in hope!

2 comments:

  1. I definitely believe in florals for wintertime! I love how you put it–flower therapy. You look fantastic. :)
    Can't wait for spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks gal! I probably think about spring more than enjoying winter, guess I should work on that!

    ReplyDelete

Meant Green All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger