Wear: A walk in the wintry park

posted on: Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Here goes my first fashion post! The only downside is you have to deal with me as the model and Cody as the photographer, but that should make my fashion posts twice as amusing, right??

I love uniquely styled and comfy outfits, especially ones that use what you already have. Bonus points for vintage pieces and eco-conscious brands (when affordable).  Confession: I have the worst luck finding inspiration for winter outfits that are warm enough for the last three Pennsylvania winters I've survived, and I know I can't be the only one! Today I'm sharing an idea for a warm, cute and comfy winter date outfit. Cody and I spend a lot of time walking and hiking in the woods and parks near our home. It's beautiful, free and it just makes us feel better. Often we treat these walks as dates, time to just talk about how life is shaping up.

I usually go out in running tights and the same jacket, but this weekend I decided to try my hand at creating a nicer outfit while still staying warm. One of the things I wanted to make sure I accomplished here was using some vintage outerwear pieces I've picked up along the way. One of my best friends gave me the coat that belonged to her grandmother in the sixties (!) and the scarf was a recent thrift store find. Hat is from Target.

Cody was my photographer and he did a pretty darn good job - (we got six decent pics out of 120) keeping in mind that I have to work way too hard to feel comfortable in front of the lens, and I'm usually the one taking the pictures of Cody ;)

But, behold! A toasty-warm vintage outfit for an outdoor date in the snow! The dress was a recent buy on super-sale and can go through all seasons, the belt is from our rehearsal dinner, and the Hunter boots are a few years old but I got them knowing they'd last...forever.  I'm wearing super-light thermal tights and top under all of it.


Cody observed that I had a 'Snow White thing' going on here.





                                                The photog taking five for target practice.

Missed target.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meant Green All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger